This cocktail is actually more tiki like than a sling in the traditional manner. The Singapore sling was invented in 1915 by Ngiam Tong Boon while working at the Long Bar in the Raffles Hotel in Singapore. Slings started out originally as more of a boozy citrus shooter, and over time they got lengthened and sweeter. This one most likely a tropical variation of the Straits Sling.
Singapore Sling ingredients:
- 30 mls (1 oz) Dry Gin
- 15 mls (1/2 oz) Cherry Liqueur
- 10 mls (1 tbsp) Benedictine
- 120 mls (4 oz) Pineapple Juice
- 10 mls (1 tbsp) Orange Liqueur
- 15 mls (1/2 oz) Lime Juice
- 10 mls (1 tbsp) Grenadine
- 3 mls (3 dashes) Angostura Bitters
Combine all ingredients in the shaker. Add ice to the shaker. Vigorously shake till the shaker is ice cold and frosted. Strain into glass to remove ice shards.
ABV = 12%
Originated from Singapore
Download Vintage American Cocktail on the Apple App Store and Google Play. Discover hundreds of the best classic cocktail recipes all from an easy to use app.